Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19, 2005


Perhaps its ironic that my flight leaving home was today. Perhaps symbolic? eh, probably just convienent to the travel agent and the the rehearsal schedule. OK, but it can still be symbolic to me.

As some of you (read: probably none of you) know, today is my 3 year anniversary getting a call to audition for the Jonas Brothers. Actually, in hindsight, it was not only a phone call to audition, but to start a hopeful career in music. So yeah, I'm like that. sorry. I like dates and anniversaries and history. I always have. I think its important and interesting to look back every now and then. Otherwise, you'll never know how far you've come (or gone backwards.) Three years ago I was applying for summer jobs and going to Phillies baseball games...three years later I'm on a flight to LA to rehearse for an upcoming world tour and to perform on the finale of American Idol.

I remember not even knowing who these kids were or how long I'd be hired for, but somehow I knew it was big. I took it slow that morning of the audition and got on my knees and prayed, "God, I have no idea what I'm even auditioning for, but I give this opportunity to your hands, and may your will be done today." Plus, I'm awesome at the bass, so i knew i'd get it (jokes.)

This past year especially has been crazy. The JBs are A LOT more well-known today than they were May 19th, 2007. Things around me have changed quite a bit, but I hope I haven't. Obviously these experiences are going to shape me as a person; I guess what I mean is, I hope I'm a better person than I was 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next. I thank Jesus that I get to do this everyday.

We're descending into LAX now. The guy sitting next to me just asked me to turn off my iPhone. (Is he serious?)
Ah well, you're probably bored with me talking about myself aren't you?
I guess I'll stop. wait a minute, you came to this site on your own ...maybe I'll...eh, forget it, I'll just stop.

-gg

for a more detailed description of my May 19th, 2005, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment